Hi, it’s October already! I decide to do this new thing on my blog. Every month, I will share my favorites purchases from the last month, whether they are make ups, skin cares, fragrances, books or fashion items. I will also include mini review as well as where you can purchase it. Here I let you in on the things I obsessed during September.
1. Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
My first Dr. Jart Ceramidin is a sample size consists of 5 ml cream. Initially, I bought this as a preventive attempt of having dry and flaky skin. At the end of last August, I underwent a surgery and I know for sure that my skin would be dehydrated right in the operating theater. It always happens, I don’t know why. I heard good review about this product and… I’m glad it’s true! The last time I had dehydrated skin, it took me almost 3 weeks to restore it. Ceramidin cream only took 3 days to handle my skin back to a supple and hydrated one. A lifesaver indeed! Yes, I plan to purchase this product in full size. Applying this after you exfoliate or scrub your face would also be a good idea. Buy it here.
- The packaging looks like a toothpaste tube. The positive side about this is you know exactly how much is left and you can squeeze it until the last drop.
- Scents like something chemical, but it’s not too strong. I kinda like it.
- Absorbs quickly into skin and doesn’t feel sticky. Lightweight but effective.
- Works really well on my oily acne-prone skin, means it doesn’t break me out nor left my T-zone greasy.
- Multi tasks as a primer, resulting in a natural glowing skin.
- It’s pricey. You get 75ml for IDR 750,000 or US$ 48 at Sephora.
2. COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch
I bought this because I was a bit frustrated of the hormonal zits. Sometimes when I applied my spot gel, it is easily worn out every time I jump on bed. I also had this kind fear that my big acne would be exposed to the dirt every time I hop outdoor. Thank God, I’ve found these patches that contain spot treatment and undeniably will protect the acnes. (PS: Sorry I don’t have link to purchase this product as I bought it at random instagram online store)
- Super affordable. I bought it for around IDR 40.000.
- A package contains of 24 patches with three different sizes.
- It cures your acne if you leave it overnight. When I woke up in the morning, the size of the zits was visibly smaller.
- Sometimes it’s annoying to be worn during the day when you have to go to places because it’s like you put a tape in your face.
3. Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Ali
Probably some of you haven’t heard reviews about this lipstick, but I love… love this so much. I don’t understand why it isn’t hype yet. I really love the formula; creamy, balmy and minty. You’ll get a tingling sensation on the first application. I don’t expect a tense pigmentation to a balm lipstick, but as it glides on my lips, all I see is something highly pigmented. It creates a juicy, glossy finish with a nice sheen. The color comes in a beautiful warm raisin red, not too light and not too dark. Actually, I have bought the shade Vivienne before this, and I always get compliments every time I use it. FYI it is not transfer proof. Of course, it is a balm, so I don’t mind to reapply. Buy it here.
- Love the scent and the tingling sensation. It tastes mint and feels mint on your lip.
- A high pigmentation for a balm lipstick.
- A very hydrating lip product.
- Great packaging, mine comes in silver. The cap is easy to remove.
- The diameter of it is a bit larger that your usual lipstick. Babes with a slim lip will find it difficult and need a brush to apply the product.
- Quite pricey for a balm lipstick. It’s IDR 319.000 at Sephora.
4. Tarte Tarteist Pro To Go Eyeshadow Palette
Travel size eyeshadow palette will always be useful since I am a nomad. This year, I’ve traveled pretty frequent and I was sick of carrying around my large Urban Decay Naked Palette. I strolled around Sephora’s website and I found this. Buy it here.
- Consists of perfect neutral shades for daily use.
- It includes 3 mattes and 3 shimmers, allowing users to create subtle look for day then add shimmer for night.
- Compact packaging with nice mirror. Great for traveling.
- Quite pricey for a small palette. I bought it at around IDR 300.000, but hey it’s Tarte 😉
- Need eye shadow primer to make the product long lasting.
5. Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette
I know I am late to the game, but this is literally a high quality, affordable highlighting palette. I am not the kind of person who loves a blinding or super glittery highlighter, so this thing is a true match because it is buildable. It creates a natural glow without trying too much. What I like about this palette is it offers one cream and three powder highlighter with different shades. (PS: Sorry I don’t have link to purchase this product as I bought it at random instagram online store)
- Love the packaging. It is lightweight and gold.
- A standout quality for a really reasonable price. I think I got this for around IDR 180.000.
- A real good pigmentation and still buildable.
- Me no likey the brush that comes with the palette.
Hope it helps if you want to try these products. See you next month!